WD Live Netflix instant queue unavailable

Netflix streaming was working fine yesterday but has been down all day today. I haven’t made any changes since it worked last.

I get an error message when launching videos->netflix that says, “sorry, your instant queue is temporarily unavailable.”  There is a netflix help URL also displayed, going to that link and following the wizard tells me everything is fine on the netflix end and to contact WD.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Any idea how to fix it?

firmware version: 1.003.29_B

Check your network settings.  When installing the wd live ,  I manually entered my networking information because I have two subnets and WD live plus was picking up the wrong defaults. After playing a netflix movie, my manual settings somehow are lost and the network settings partially revert (some manual values stay, some values revert to the default.)

I have been having the same issues.  It worked fine the other day when I used it and now I get the same message.  I have it set for DHCP (Automatic) in my network config.  I am able to get to my netwrok shares fine.

I had the same problem. I fixed it by resetting the WD box to it’s factory original setting, which deletes the netflix activation. I then went to the netflix site, accessed my account, and deactivated the wd box there too. Then switched on the wd box again, selected netflix, entered the activation code that it presents, and it worked ! Don’t know why !

John

So just to add some more feedback concerning this issue with Netflix…

I had the EXACT same issue. It worked for 2 days and then when trying to go to Netflix on the WD HD Live Plus the Instant Queue reports that it is Unavailable. I had to do the factory reset on the device, deactivate the device from Netflix.com, and then re-establish my network setup and Netflix account. THEN it works. I hope this “bug” gets fixed soon so others don’t encounter it.

I’m back again.  This has happened to me several times and the only fix I have found is to reset everything back to deafaults deactiveate the device in Netflix and reactivate it again.  A real buzz kill when you are in the middle of watching tv.  And then having to completely redo the settings to get it on the noework properly and put in all the networl username and passwords for all the network shares.

I talke t Netflix support and they say they have never heard of this issue and to contact Western Digital.  Sounds like some finger pointing going back and forth at the customers expence.  Any one found a real fix to this isuue?

Has anyone tried a DE-Authorize, RE-Authorize *without* doing a Factory Reset first?

I haven’t had this issue yet (until I forced it to happen, working with another user.)

We are working on a fix for this to be included in the upcoming firmware update. Currently, the workaround is to reset the WDTV.

Yes, I tried that last time and it doesn’t let you get to the access code screen.  You just get to the “instant queue unavailable” screen.  But after talking to both Netflix and WD about the issue and both of them saying they have never heard of the problem and to get with the other company (Netflix says it must be a problem with WD and visa versa) I received this e-mail from WD today.  This is a day after both of them never heard of the problem.:

==========================================

Dear Frank,

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is James K.

I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing you.

Currently our engineering team is aware of this issue and is working with Netflix to determine the root cause so that this can be corrected.

I hope that we have met your expectations today and that you are satisfied with our service. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
James K.
Western Digital Service and Support

http://support.wdc.com

======================================

Hopefully that means there will be a fix soon,  I’m about to take the box back and cancel Netflix.  I have loved it when it works.  But this issue really discourages me from using it.

Don’t know if you saw WD’s post ABOVE yours.  Probably was added while you were typing yours.

Yes, it came in while I was typing.  It’s good to see that Western Digital is monitoring their forums.  It makes me feel like they are concerned about customer service.  I’ll give them an “A” for that.

Just posting another me-too message so that tech support sees that the problem is out here.   I had to reset the WD and deactivate/reactivate Netflix this evening.

Yep, me too.  I will say that the reset process is not especially time-consuming, so cheers for that.

But I hope it’s a one-time thing.  It was a little panic-inducing.

I’m surprised no one else has gotten this answer from Netflix support:

"Here are the instructions for deactivation: 

1.  From within the Netflix application, use the arrows on the remote control to do the following keystroke sequence:
          * up > up > down > down > left > right > left > right > up > up > up > up
  2. Select Deactivate
  3. Select Yes"

I’ve had this problem occur twice now, once today, and once ten days ago.

Another option is to manage your device from the Netflix website, and deactivate it there. That can take a few minutes, but it also works, and is much less invasive that nuking your whole setup! Good luck to engineering and fix this quick please, my wife’s getting annoyed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Andrew

2 Likes

YES! The “up > up > down > down > left > right > left > right > up > up > up > up” trick works like a charm! Just be sure to click “Deactivate” quickly or you’ll go back to the queue unavailable message and have to exit. THANKS!!

Still no firmware update after so many weeks of this being an issue?!?

Not trying to hijack the thread, I just tend to ramble. :wink:

…Me too. I was happy I was able to hunt down this thread with Google, however, perhaps it would be helpful if you and netflix could add this to your knowledgebase or something?

You’re update website is terribly confusing. -IF- I have things figured out correctly, the version on my device is NEWER than the newest version you have posted. …and I totally don’t understand what the open source version is for. is that like a beta version, or…?

Anyway, other than this snafu, and video playlists not working, I’m having great fun with my new toy.:smiley:

Would love some hulu support.

Some way to tag videos that don’t work would be nice, so I can easily find and re-encode them on my computer. As it stands I have to browse remotely with my computer and the WDTV box at the same time to see what stuff I either can’t play, or the device is ignoring. Further, I have one folder with a flash file that it is showing, but it can’t play. What the…?

So yeah, some sort of filter thing to show supported formats and bitrates or whatever would be nice. Better yet, how about a built in re-encoder! :smiley:

Still, lets fix old bugs before introducing new features right? If you guys CAN get all that stuff added in, I’ll start recommending this gizmo to all my friends… even the non-techy ones. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!!

Seriously, TWO months and still no fix.?!? WTF!!! I bought this piece of ■■■■ specifically FOR netflix. And it is SUCH a pain in the arse I NEVER USE IT. There is not fix because they are all working of the WD “screw you again for more money Live ++ 2.0” and this one we PROMISE will work right. Just another $129.00. Please. You dbags are SHAMELESS!!!

evilcartman wrote:
Seriously, TWO months and still no fix.?!? WTF!!! I bought this piece of ■■■■ specifically FOR netflix. And it is SUCH a pain in the arse I NEVER USE IT. There is not fix because they are all working of the WD “screw you again for more money Live ++ 2.0” and this one we PROMISE will work right. Just another $129.00. Please. You dbags are SHAMELESS!!!

I see you are living up to your name!

Crogon wrote:

Not trying to hijack the thread, I just tend to ramble. :wink:

…Me too. I was happy I was able to hunt down this thread with Google, however, perhaps it would be helpful if you and netflix could add this to your knowledgebase or something?

You’re update website is terribly confusing. -IF- I have things figured out correctly, the version on my device is NEWER than the newest version you have posted. …and I totally don’t understand what the open source version is for. is that like a beta version, or…?

Anyway, other than this snafu, and video playlists not working, I’m having great fun with my new toy.:smiley:

Would love some hulu support.

Some way to tag videos that don’t work would be nice, so I can easily find and re-encode them on my computer. As it stands I have to browse remotely with my computer and the WDTV box at the same time to see what stuff I either can’t play, or the device is ignoring. Further, I have one folder with a flash file that it is showing, but it can’t play. What the…?

So yeah, some sort of filter thing to show supported formats and bitrates or whatever would be nice. Better yet, how about a built in re-encoder! :smiley:

Still, lets fix old bugs before introducing new features right? If you guys CAN get all that stuff added in, I’ll start recommending this gizmo to all my friends… even the non-techy ones. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!!

What has this got to do with the Netflix problem? Do you even have a WDTV LIve plus with Netflix? If you have problems with what ever box you have its best to start a new thread and ask.

Ok super-genius, did you read the first four paragraphs?? YES I have one, and YES I have this problem. In fact, it’s a REPEAT problem, Netflix is currently locked up again, so I came back to see if there was any official news yet.