WD Easystore...Failing the whole time? Can the data be saved?

So I have a 2 TB WD Easystore and ever since I bought it, it’s only recognized by one USB port. Understandable, because my laptop can be funky. I haven’t stored much on the drive- according to it, about 137 GB.
Anyway, I’ve had it about 4 months now and it has been stellar, albeit slow at times and Lightroom often crashes (not sure if it’s a computer or drive problem).
WELL, I have not had the money for cloud storage so I have not backed up any of the data anywhere.
It may have suffered one drop.
Two days ago it began making a LOUD guttural, clunking noise for about 10 minutes. I was terrified. But, it was still showing up on my computer and in Lightroom, and the sound went away. I edited some photos from a shoot, uploaded them to pixieset, and ejected it per usual. I didn’t use it the next morning but that afternoon I plugged it in…all my files in Lightroom have a ? beside them.
It is being recognized that it’s plugged in on the WD Discovery thing, but the amount of storage on it isn’t showing. It is not showing up under the file tree, so I can’t access it.
I downloaded Stellar Phoenix and it sees my drive with it’s data, I do a “search.” It yields no partitions. I do a “deep search” and it shows that it’s loading and finishing but does absolutely nothing- no fails, no partitions, no popups.
The drive passed the SMART test but not the Quick Drive or Extended drive test, it also failed the Windows drive test.
Can the data still be saved? Geek Squad quoted me $250 for a Level 1 data recovery service. Can Stellar Pheonix save my data?

Hi ahphoto,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.