WD Community

WD discovery won't install

Hello folks,

I just bought a WD My Cloud Home. I would like to install the desktop app. I’m on Windows 10. When I try to install I get this error message:

Could not create folder “C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp;c:”. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I tried with the email sent from my phone app and I tried with the exe file downloaded from the software page.

Any ideas?

Thanks heaps!

@potsy

My Cloud Home (wd.com)

I think that’s the same file as this one, which is the software page I already tried: Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support No luck installing from there.

But the install worked on my laptop and I found that the installer puts the exe file into the temp folder (which the installer wouldn’t create on my PC). So I got the exe file from my laptop transferred it to my PC and it installed fine. It works, but figuring that out was time consuming and not confidence inspiring!

the same is happening with me, first the installation would not progress, then i followed instructions on the site, then went through the site the foruns, and i am spending my time, it got installed in a notebook but not on my desktop, it seems other peolpe are stuck with this

Support for Western Digital Hard Drives | Western Digital

Still Need Help?

Reach out to Support for more assistance.

Sign in to Your Support Account

Get up-to-date information about your products.

Western Digital Business Portal

Unlock benefits and tools for your business such as enterprise support, pricing and rebate tools, marketing, loyalty, rewards, and more.