WD Discovery install error

Hi I have installed WD Discovery on a nettop on my TV without any problem but when I try to install it on my desk top PC I get an error:
Install_WD_Discovery_for_Windows:error
Could not Create folder “C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Local\Temp ;d:”
The filename, Directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
Both computers are running Win 8.1 and avast as anti virus.
I have tried disabling AV and running the install exe as administrator and even in safe mode but still get the error.
I think it may be because my user account data is stored on my data drive D: but I have not had issues with any other software in the past.
Would anybody have any suggestions?

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: WD Discovery Failure to Install on Windows

Hi there, did you find a solution? I bought a MyCloud drive yesterday and have the same problem as you. Thanks!

Hi, No sorry I didn’t.
The actual WD discovery file that you download is a compressed file that expands to the temp folder. I hunted that out and ran the executable from there. I did find in the end that when I installed the software and it “failed” it actually had installed but the service wasn’t running. By starting the service I could get it to work.
Since then I have rebuilt my pc and have other issues with this software. I would not buy another one.

Ha! Yeah, i’m beginning to think the MyCloud Home might go back to the shop. I’ve got discovery going on my laptop, but no luck on my PC. Seems there’s a bunch of things you can’t do (like use any old sync software to back up to the MyCloud). And the photo management options are pretty limited. Oh well. Thanks for taking the time to reply anyway!