Want to use MyCloud as a NAS

That how I use my 4TB WD MyCloud just on my Home Network either via Ethernet Cable or Home Plugs using Ethernet Cable or WiFi. I dont use it from outside my house and have that option turned off. So the kids can watch films from anywhere in the house by SmartTV`s or phones/tablets or computers. Had it that way for few years now and works great. Easy enough to set up I thought

It been two years since I originally posted this. Now I ended up having the same problem again. Windows update removed my cloud as a network drive and the only way I can access it is through my computer as mycloud. This only gives me the option of accessing certain share folders, but none of the backup folder that I have created and been using. I have no idea what changed, but the problem has again come back.

I just want to use it as a network drive or NAS. I was showing up under network as drive Z: now it is gone.

Make sure SMB1.0/CIFS is enabled in Windows. Remap the Share if needed.

Usually if one cannot see their local network My Cloud in Windows File Explorer, one can try to access it by it’s IP address in Windows File Explorer as a troubleshooting step. Example (input into the Windows File Explorer address bar): \\192.168.1.10 make sure to use the IP address for your My Cloud device rather than the example IP address.

If one still cannot access their local My Cloud as a troubleshooting step try accessing the My Cloud Dashboard. If that fails usually there is a problem with either the My Cloud itself (like the front LED isn’t blue, instead is red or some other color) or a network problem of some sort.

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I just figured out the problem. I had to enter its network address, 192.168.1.24 to find it on the network. It is listed in Network as 192.168.1.24, while I can’t map the drive, I can map the directories.

Before this, it used to show up a drive Z, then after a windows update it would only show up in MyPC as my cloud and the directories that I was using didn’t show up. Now I have full access as a NAS.