Vob files choppy

I am new to this WDTV thing and very excited about the capabilities of this device.  

Unfortunately, I am having a problem playing vob files across a wired network connection.   When I go to play them they startup fine, however after a few minutes they get choppy and sound cuts out.  Sometimes it will catch up and sound will kick in, but most of the rest of the time it does not play correctly.

Now before you say it is my network connection I will tell you that 8gb MKV files of my blu-ray movies play without a problem.  

Is there a known problem that explains this - or any suggestions on things I can try?  Thanks in advance for any help.  

wamblej wrote:

Now before you say it is my network connection I will tell you that 8gb MKV files of my blu-ray movies play without a problem.  

Is there a known problem that explains this - or any suggestions on things I can try?  Thanks in advance for any help.  

Heh…  A pre-emptive strike.  :)

There were several older versions of firmware that this WAS an issue in.  Are you you keeping your Live/+ up-to-date?

I do have the latest firmware 1.06.16-b I believe. Could it be the audio type within the vob files? Anyone else have similar issues?

wamblej wrote:

I am new to this WDTV thing and very excited about the capabilities of this device.  

Unfortunately, I am having a problem playing vob files across a wired network connection.   When I go to play them they startup fine, however after a few minutes they get choppy and sound cuts out.  Sometimes it will catch up and sound will kick in, but most of the rest of the time it does not play correctly.

Maybe this will help you.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware/BUG-Confirmed-1-04-17V-VOB-stutter-over-network/m-p/108742/highlight/true#M8514

This workaround solution applies also for newer firmware versions and not just 1.04, obviously issue has not been fixed yet.

hi there

try :

• if  you are playing vobs from the DVD structure   [if that is so]   then try to press ENTER or PLAY [do not remember which - pls try one and then the other]  once being on screen on the name of the file  [file where those vobs are placed]

• works ?

regards

pawson