Username & Password rest

Hi, I’m Bill, I tried to login to MyBook live Dashboard & I couldn’t recall my password. Support sent several emails with generated passwords that altimately failed. All I need is access to my password & or to be instructed on how to change it - they have my email address so what’s the big deal. Also, when I first set up the external drive it had me as admin & I wasn’t able to change it to my name - can anyone help with that?

Assistance would be very much appreciated for both points. Thanks

Hello,

In order to reset the settings on the My Book Live you need to hold the reset button on the back for 4 seconds. This will reset the settings (not the data) to factory default.

Thanks Trancer but your solution was very short on detail & not very helpful to me.

When I bring WD MyBook Live web page up to sign in it asks for a PASSWORD, it’s this password I have forgotten, however there is no way I can see from this page on how to retreive it or change it. This is the information I’m after. Most websites give a user option if they have forgotten their password - yours doesn’t!

I’m not very IT savvy and would like clear helpful step by step instructions please. I’m finding this very very frustrating…

There was no mention to my other query as to why every so often MyBook Live fails to back up to Time Machine. When this happens I manage to eventually rectify it (not sure how) but the Time Machine starts from that moment of rectification losing all previous backups.

“In order to reset the settings on the My Book Live you need to hold the reset button on the back for 4 seconds. This will reset the settings (not the data) to factory default.”

Once you do the above, it will prompt you for the default password.

For more detail instructions and default password, consult the manual.

Also, this is not a website, it is a dashboard (admin page/settings) to manage the device. Totally different…

mountaintop wrote:

Thanks Trancer but your solution was very short on detail & not very helpful to me.

[…]

I believe you are confusing me with HDKnows. Either way his answer is correct: The Western Digital My Book Live should remove the Dashboard (Admin page) password by holding the reset switch located on the back of the device.

If your unit is not responding to the reset switch, then I would recommend contacting the WD Support Team directly:

http://support.wd.com/contact/contact.asp?lang=en&ct=networking