Username and Password dont work

Got my wdtv set it up everything worked prefect could see my windows shares no problem then one day it would no longer take the username or pawword say is wrong and its not. I got this thing becuase I wanted something easy to just watch movies looks like I might made the wrong choice

hoobash wrote:

Got my wdtv set it up everything worked prefect could see my windows shares no problem then one day it would no longer take the username or pawword say is wrong and its not. I got this thing becuase I wanted something easy to just watch movies looks like I might made the wrong choice

You made a good choice. You just need to get your network fixed :slight_smile:

I feel for you Hoobash, I have been having similar issues and they can be really complicated to troubleshoot. As flhthemi stated, it’s generally an issue on your network. Rebooting my windows computers solves the issue for me but I have spent a lot of time and testing to come up with a more reasonable solution, which I have yet to find. 

Anyways, I would check on a great post by TonyPh12345 that explains a lot about the problem and how to check for Master Browser issues. 

Troubleshooting Windows File Sharing

Good Luck and try some of Tony’s tips

-P

hoobash wrote:

Try this, it has helped quite a few since I posted it a few weeks ago  Let us know if it helps you, too.

How to resolve Network shares access problems - Western Digital

flhthemi wrote:

hoobash wrote:

Thanks for the useless post.

It all works fine with my mac and windows machine the wdtv is the prob and esp since its what stoped working and not the network

@hoobash

Did you try my suggestion above, or was it more productive to give the other member a zinger?

hoobash wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

hoobash wrote:

Thanks for the useless post.

You’re quite welcome. :slight_smile: