USB external drive will not be shown in Dashboard

Hello
I tried to connect several external USB drives formatted with NTFS to My Cloud EX 2, but no drive was found by the NAS. The USB sign always shows “There are no USB devices found”.
Any ideas, what I am doing wrong?
Ralph

Do a forum search, this is a much discussed problem with certain USB hard drives and the single bay My Cloud units. Because your using the EX2 you may want to post your question to the dedicated EX2 subforum as this forum generally tends to discuss the single bay My Cloud units.

https://community.wd.com/c/network-attached-storage/wd-my-cloud-ex2

In any case some troubleshooting steps:
First, make sure to use a powered USB hub.
Second, connect each drive one at a time to the My Cloud USB port and check to see if the My Cloud will recognize the drive.
Third, in certain cases with the single bay v4.x My Clouds one may have to delete the partitions on the USB hard drive and repartition the drive, then reformat the drive. I found that one particular USB drive wouldn’t work on my v4.x My Cloud. For what ever reason its partitioning and formatting from the factory was causing a problem. The solution in my case was to delete the partition on the drive then repartition and reformat, then the My Cloud properly recognized the drive and mounted it.

ty for fast reply - I did the search, but was not able to find a solution - I thought, I am in “My Cloud EX2 discussion forum”, my bad. do you move my question to that subforum tho? or do I have to re-post it?
Ralph

I’m a user like you so I cannot move the thread. You may want to start a new thread in the EX2 forum if one of the few WD staff who monitor this site cannot or does not move this thread.