Unlock My Passport 2016

Hi all, I need help I cannot unlock my passport the western digital unlock app is giving me hell, it doesn’t work with big sur, and it did not come with a CD drive,I cannot remember the password for it, has anybody had this issue and resolved it?

@AT1234 WD Security Operating System Compatibility:

The WD Security software is compatible with the following macOS operating systems:

• Mountain Lion
  • Mavericks
  • Yosemite
  • El Capitan
  • Sierra
  • High Sierra
  • Mojave
  • Catalina

Unlocking the drive without the WD Security software

Whenever a password-protected drive is connected to a computer that does not have the WD Security software installed, it’s possible to use the WD Drive Unlock utility to unlock the drive there. The WD Drive Unlock utility is on a virtual CD (VCD) drive that appears on the desktop display.

• Double-click the WD Unlocker VCD icon and double-click the WD Drive Unlock application on the screen that appears to display the WD Drive Unlock utility screen
  • On the WD Drive Unlock utility screen:
  • Type the password in the Password box
  • Select the Enable auto unlock for this computer… check box if you want the WD Drive Unlock utility to remember the password on this computer
  • Click Unlock

Please be informed that if you have forgotten the password, the information stored on the hard drive cannot be retrieved due to the encryption. And WD technical support wouldn’t be able to provide a new password or alternative method to access the encrypted data. If you enter the wrong password 5 times, you will receive an error stating too many attempts.

In order to try your password 5 more times, you will need to safely eject the drive and unplug both the power and data cable from the unit. Then plug it back in. You will now be given 5 more tries. If you can’t remember your password, then you will not be able to access the drive.

Reformatting the drive will erase all the data on the unit, as well as removes the password from the drive.

Note: - Formatting the drive will erase all data on the drive and is not recoverable.

Title: WD Security “Invalid Password Message” or Password Forgotten
Link: Invalid Password or Forgotten Password Message on WD Security