Unlock.exe file gives error "The application has encountered an unexpected error and is now exiting"

I cannot get my WD Passport Essential SE 1TB (WDBABM0010BBK-00) to work in a Microsoft Surfacebook2 with Windows10 Pro laptop. When I launch the Unlock.exe file, I get a message “The application has encountered an unexpected error and is now exiting”. Prior to this it was working just fine on my now dead Windows7 desktop. Is it a Windows10 compatibility issue?

Please help. I am going through a divorce and I have all (since birth) my kids pictures and videos there. I cannot lose these. Thank you.

Hi,

You may install WD Smartware application on Windows 10 PC and enter your password to unlock the drive: Error

I have the same issue getting a error message when i run unlock utility _ application has encountered an unexpected error and is now exiting. I am using windows 10 enterprise version and do not have administrative right on my laptop. Most of the links on this tread are no longer supported. Can I have the link to download WD Smartware Application for Windows 10