TV Show naming format and Network not found error

Hi All

I am back again with a query on the naming form at for some tv shows where I am trying to scrape the content using the WDTV SMP from TVDB.

The one I seem to be having the most trouble with is The Wire, I have named the avi files as

• The Wire S01E01.avi
  • The Wire S01E02.avi
  • The Wire S01E03.avi
  • etc

But it doesnt seem to pick them up and scrape against them, i noticed that when searching tvdb for the show it came back with a couple of different shows with the same name http://thetvdb.com/?string=the+wire&searchseriesid=&tab=listseries&function=Search

my question is how should I name the files to have the content auto scraped?

Secpondly I have an episode of Terra Nova named “Terra.Nova.S01E12.HDTV.XviD.LOL.avi” (this format was used on all other files in the season) that was not picked up by the scraper however when I manually search it finds the series but then when I select that it gives a “network not found” error…, any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Regards

Tommy

Hi Tommy, on the tv data base website you’ll see that the show ID for all those listings is the same, 79126.

It just lists different language options which are available for each show.

I’m not sure why it wouldn’t pick it up though, so sorry I can’t help there.

For the other one, try to rename the files and loose the .HDTV.XviD.LOL, that might help!?

I had to get a lot of my tv and films info manually. It’s a slow process but you only have to do it the once.

Try putting a DOT between the name and the Sxx…  Such as “The Wire.S01E01.avi”.

As for the “Network Error” message…  That’s a bad error.   The error it should give is “Episode Not Found.”   Because that episode isn’t in the TVDB database… that series info stops at episode 11.

Thanks I will try adding a dot to the name of the files and if that works it is off to the trusty bulk renamer tool for the rest of them.

On the Terra Nova one I will have a look at what I have named the episodes again as I may have got one ahead of mylsef somewhere along the line but I was following the IMDB series list which seems to differ from the TVDB one! so am a bit confused on that one! – IMDB link

IMDB is a commercial database, kept up to date by different commercial services, the majority of which comes from Amazon.

TVDB and TMDB are community-based, open databases.

1 Like

For the other one, try to rename the files and loose the .HDTV.XviD.LOL, that might help!?

I had to get a lot of my tv and films info manually. It’s a slow process but you only have to do it the once.

Yes, the .HDTV.XviD.LOL is only for you to know the quality, the code and the pirate group that posted the show. Normally, this need to be removed or the WD TV will not find any info.

Hi All

I renamed one season of the wire to “The Wire.S01E01.avi” and that was picked up perfectly on the last scan, It’s a pain that the WDTV regex is so picky when it comes to naming format for the TV Shows.

In regards the Terra Nova issue, Tony was right the episode is not on TVDB so that was why I was not picking it up (regardless of the suffix of “.HDTV.XviD.LOL” which didnt matter on all the other episodes) and will now look and see what error I made in the episode naming format to fix that.

Thanks once again everybody.