Townky Media Server

I am trying to see if someone can help me. I have a 1TB My Book Live and have had no problems with accessing the Public folder files from my Xbox 360 or my Windows Media Player. All of a sudden today the only files that were showing up were ones that I had set up NOT to share as a seperate user not part of the Public folder. I went to the dashboard and to the Twonky server so I could try to find the problem. When setting were saving on the Twonky server it hung up on Please wait and once I finally decided to reopen the browser window I can’t access the Twonky Server at all. My drive doesn’t show up as a media device on my computer anymore either. I can access the files but I can’t media share them at all. I can’t access the Twonky server through the MBL dashboard or through :9000. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated because I stream almost everything I watch through my Xbox! :cry:

If you look around in this forum, a lot of the mentioned issues are finally based on a buggy Twonky Media server. I suggest to use another for your purpose - there are some free available too.

ItsDaniLyn wrote:

I am trying to see if someone can help me. I have a 1TB My Book Live and have had no problems with accessing the Public folder files from my Xbox 360 or my Windows Media Player. All of a sudden today the only files that were showing up were ones that I had set up NOT to share as a seperate user not part of the Public folder. I went to the dashboard and to the Twonky server so I could try to find the problem. When setting were saving on the Twonky server it hung up on Please wait and once I finally decided to reopen the browser window I can’t access the Twonky Server at all. My drive doesn’t show up as a media device on my computer anymore either. I can access the files but I can’t media share them at all. I can’t access the Twonky server through the MBL dashboard or through :9000. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated because I stream almost everything I watch through my Xbox! :cry:> * * *

Try making all the settings in the MYBOOKLIVE configuration page instead of the TWONKY configuration page.

This seems an awful lot like the problems I am having.

All my problems with twonky media server were resolved by installing mediatomb. You’ll need shell access and a very basic understanding of Debian though.