Time Machine couldn’t complete the backup to “MyCloudEX2Ultra.local”

I’m trying to run a Time Machine Backup but when I attempt to run it it seems to work for the first few minutes and then I get the error **Time Machine couldn’t complete the backup to “MyCloudEX2Ultra.local” when I try to click on the MyCloud server drive it prompts me to enter my name and password for the server which I do. I access the drive as a registered user and again it seems to run for a few moments and then I get the above error. Any suggestions? I saw other threads that mention to Connect as Guest but when I try to do so it says my drive is in use & to “Try ejecting the disc Image”. I’m not sure what this means and/or how to correct. I’m on OS11.

Hi @deathcom4,

Please refer to the below link to check Error: ‘Time Machine could not complete the backup.’ occurs when backing up to the Time Machine share
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18982

Im using the Mycloudex2ultra which makes following the instruction somewhat difficult. It seems I only have access to the TimeMachine folder at this point (all other folders on the server no longer work and I get the message The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Public” can’t be found.). I was able to locate the sparspundle folder which I deleted in the only folder that is working (TimeMachineBackup). I then proceeded to access the settings/general/Mac Backups page in MyCloud and there is a hard drive capacity slider which I slid up to Max. I then re-added the Drive (MyCloudex2ultra.local) in the time machine preferences (This time it didn’t prompt me to sign in or access as Guest). It started to backup for about 5-10min and then I received the same error. I’m not sure where to access or change the Guest feature in your steps provided on the EX2Ultra . I’m almost completely disabled from accessing my servicer from my PC which is super annoying. I can still access my server from my phone or tv (via Plex) at this point :(.

Hi @deathcom4,

I appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps.

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask