Suspicious email from "@mycloud.com"

i did not take any actions lately to create any new personal cloud account, or make any changes to my existing mycloud account …

but about a moment ago I got an email like this one. and just a few seconds ago i got another one just like it.

not too certain about what’s going on and i clicked on the sign-in link but did not sign in. instead just to open in a browser and see if the address is legitimate and it appears to be.

i am somewhat concerned here that perhaps my account has been compromised. i don’t know what else would trigger these emails.

Hello,

Ive got a similar email saying that my password has been changed, even if I have not triggered it.
I believe there are two separate accounts for mycloud home and mycloud, I currently only use one of them and the password did not change.
So I requested a password change in the other mycloud service.
I am also very suspicious about this and to be honest I dont understand account differences between these two services, it seems like a mess to me.

Best regards

doesn’t look like anyone @ WD took notice of this …
I would take it seriously, imo.

these were out of the blue emails that appear legitimate.

there is no way for me to know if my account was compromised, and so just as a precaution i changed the password for the account that allows me to see my stuff with mycloud.com.

in addition, i went ahead and changed the passwords of all the users - since the users have access to the NAS via the my cloud app - and this app is EXTREMELY antiquated … i do not want to take any risks that there is a venerability somewhere in the iOS or Android app.

Perhaps a WD staff member can comment or provide some guidance.

how secure is mycloud.com, anyway ? …

I may ditch the service entirely, and host my own vpn server to access my NAS remotely.