Your MyCloud.com password has been changed

Just received an email today from noreply@mycloud.com stating:
“Your password has been changed. If you did not request a password change, please visit our support site.”

Since I hadn’t changed my password I went in and checked. The password was not changed apparently but just to be safe I changed it.

The email seems legit, but just wanted to check if anyone else has received this or knows the reason why this happens now?

BR
Daniel

I received this as well, and took the same approach as you. I did have to recover my password, but I can’t verify that I input it correctly, so it may or may not have changed.

I got the response below from the WD support and apparently it seems as this was an error on their side. It cost me a sleepless night, but good to hear that it most likely not was a malicious attack of some sort.

"We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you

I would like to inform you that this is an electronic email triggered when you attempt to reset your password from Mycloud.com using the option “I forgot password”. However, this email was triggered to you due to a technical error in our system. We have referred this concern to the concerned team to fix it at the earliest.

You may ignore the email at this time."

WD Community,

Please reference the following post.

Password Reset and New Cloud Added Emails