Stuck on white light

Hello all,

I have been a user of MBLD product for a while, but with new software update I have experienced a problem. There was a power outage (very short one, but long enough for MBLD to lose power) just in the middle of upgrade to new firmware 2.41.05-034 (it happens from time to time in my neighborhood). I know that we were not supposed to interrupt the upgrade process, but it had happened because of a reason beyond my control.

Now the MBLD does not power up completely. It is stuck on white light (after a few seconds of blue light after power up). I can not reach web UI and I can not start SSH session. It is certainly not downloading anything (I have been waiting for an hour and I have been watching the traffic on my router and nothing is happening).

How do the trusted community suggests to proceed in this situation?

Thx in advance for any help!

MKranjc wrote:

I know that we were not supposed to interrupt the upgrade process, but it had happened because of a reason beyond my control.

Such things *are* within your control.   That’s what UPS systems are for.

Your MBLD is bricked now. 

You can try this:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/GUIDE-Debrick-a-MyBookLive-DUO/m-p/544860#U544860

2 Likes

TonyPh12345, thank you for the suggestion. I will continue with update in suggested post and close this one. For now it seems promising. I am keeping my finger crossed…