Shared folders missing from Desktop Application

I can see a Shared folder that is shared by someone else in my MyCloud mobile app but on my desktop I cannot see an option to see Shared folders.
Why is this basic feature missing?
I want to be able to see shared files on desktop so I can use them as files and I don’t have to keep going to the browser and download them.
This is a very basic feature.

2 Likes

Hi Romes,

You can see the Shared folders with you on your My Cloud Home Duo device through by logging into the home.mycloud.com

For more information, you can refer the link mentioned below.
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28237

1 Like

James, thank you but that’s link sharing basics and yes you’re right that works.

Shared folders are available through mobile app and also through online with browser but not through the desktop app. This feature is missing.

2 Likes

Hi James,

I am encountering the same issues here. This issue has been going on since the update in Aug. Can you advice on the ETA of the fix? I want to be able to access the shared Family folder through the desktop app. Not the web application.

1 Like

Hello James,
I am too missing this feature, this is serious lack and problem for us! It was working when we bought device, but after some update - it suddenly stopped working. Please let us know, when this will be fixed.

3 Likes

When this feature will be add to WD Discovery app?
I have been search for a solution but there is no answer anywhere :frowning:

2 Likes

The requested feature is really needed on windows. Please make it available as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Have anyone found a solution for this or does the amateurs at WD still run with their heads up their arses?