I don't see shared files correctly anymore

I had downloaded the desktop app on my laptop and saw the shared files in my folder. Since yesterday it is not possible and when I open my folder I don’t see any files. How can I solve it?

1 Like

@informatico the Family folder feature has changed and must be re-shared to guest users.

How to Share Content Using the My Cloud Home Family Folder

Answer ID 6804

1 Like

Take a look at a number of other posts. They moved the shared folders to only be shared via the web or mobile apps. You can no-longer share via the desktop app. It’s a ‘feature change’ that basically bricked the drive for a great number of people.

1 Like

@jdtoony then, if I understand correctly, I can no longer see a shared folder on mac or windows with the account of another user, who is not the lessee, is right?

1 Like

Correct. Unless you use the mobile app or the mycloud web page. You can no longer use the desktop app and it’s folders to share.

1 Like

Which is really disappointing and useless.
Hope WD fixes this. You should be able to see in windows or MAAC the shared folders, not only at the app or website.

2 Likes

There are a lot of us who feel the same way. WD doesn’t seem to be listening.

1 Like

Really disappointing and useless update, I have 16 TB I think it’s useless now my problem now is that advises to my friend to buy Cloud Home Duo unfortunately he did and now he still stuck with us,

My question is who’s the responsible for that and why WD changed the firmware, what’s the benefit of that.
I think we lost our money because of irresponsible decision.

1 Like

I think like you, I bought my cloud home duo for an organization, but now I can not use it as I had thought, since we use it exclusively with the desktop app.

2 Likes

Why is it so difficult to make the shared folders appear just next to my private folders? Marked with a badge? Who invented this stupid sharing regime in the current updates, up to version 7.6? We don’t need these endless updates regarding photo and video backup, which are useless! Bring back the folder sharing similar to Dropbox. That’s all we want.

1 Like