Set Up without Router

I have been trying to set up my WD Mycloud for months. I keep getting discouraged, and forgetting about it for a week or two.

The only progress that I have made is the discovery that when it is plugged directly into the router, the light turns red. However, when plugged directly into my computer via ethernet cord and power supply, it is accessible, but only on the computer, not on the entire network.

When trying to set up (My Cloud) it won’t pick up the device because it’s not plugged in to a router. Even talking to the IP address, won’t pick it up.

Is there a way to navigate this setup without use of the router? They seem to really not get along.

Even though the point of this type of drive is to have it not live on your desktop, I’m willing to sacrifice that…mainly because the return period ended.

Help!

What router are you using?

It sounds like you have the “can’t autonegotiate a link rate with the router” problem:

What are the Ethernet port LEDs doing when connected to the router? If they are both off, then it is almost certainly the autonegotiation problem.

The solution is to put a cheap Ethernet switch between MyCloud and router.

I did try the ethernet switch. Still Nothing.

The router I am using is the HP aruba

What are the ethernet LEDs doing?

Need to know the model number of the HP aruba router. When the My Cloud is connected directly to the desktop. Can you access the dashboard? What is the workgroup name? Is it setup for dhcp?