Sentinel DX4000 Recovery - Stuck on Recreating My Storage

Hey, Do not have to look now as I do not remember myself. I think his name is @DTMtech is the expert with the whitelist

FWIW, the NIC is on the same subnet and the Router verifies that it was found, was given an IP from the DHCP pool, and was using it. No problem there.
I also located another community thread that advised that you could edit “the” whitelist. In actuality, the process is:

1. Generate the RECREATE MY STORAGE thumb drive (on a 16GB or 32GB drive).
  2. Before using that drive, edit BOTH of the whitelist files on the drive: WHITELISTK.XML and WHITELISTS.XML, adding a line that identifies your specific HDD model and conforms to the XML format.
    I did this, rebooted the DX with the new thumb drive and was successful: RECREATE STORAGE SUCCESS".

NOTE: You must also edit the XML files on the RECOVERY thumb drive as well before using it.

Progress, you are my hero !

I have now completed the whole process and have a running server. Thanks for your help. It was invaluable!
I chased a lot of ghosts and went down several rabbit holes on this, but learned a few things. May I suggest that, if others ask for help on the DX4000, give them ALL this information at one time.

1. Download ISO software for and mount a virtual drive to read the ISO. I used Gizmo. It’s free; it’s good.
  2. Thumbdrives can be either 16 Gb or 32 Gb. Nothing else will work. Period.
  3. If your drive does not match exactly what is in the whitelist (like that WD2002FYPS-02W3B0 thing), then edit the whitelists: In the WDRECOVERY directory on each thumb drive, edit WHITELISTK.XML and WHITELISTS.XML, adding a line in identical format for your drive. The files are write protected, so save to a new name, rename the original file, then rename the new file to the whitelist name.
  4. Completion times are:
    CLEAN - Instantaneous
    RECREATE MY STORAGE - 5 minutes
    RECOVERY - 8 hours or more, depending on disks (8 hrs = two 2Tb drives)
  5. As you work through the create RECOVERY thumbdrive, be sure to keep your PC on. You will need it to monitor the progress. The setup process will ask you to click and follow the prompts.
    Had I had all this info in one place, it would have cut about 3 days off the setup process.

Again, thanks for your help.

This is a great guide - thanks for the clarity.
:grinning: