Secure WEBDAV

OK, to be fair I just found this, and it may very well be the reason I cant get the secure WEBDAV to work.  I am running all 64 bit windows 8.1 and windows 7 machines so I cant test beyond that.  Long story short, it appears that the problem MAY be in my computers, NOT the WDEX2.  The following is copied from Wikipedia;

Microsoft introduced WebDAV client support in Microsoft Windows 98 with a feature called “Web folders”. This client consisted of an OLE object which could be accessed by any OLE software, and was installed as an extension to Windows Explorer (the desktop/file manager) and was later included in Windows 2000. In Windows XP, Microsoft added the Web Client service also known as the WebDAV mini-redirector [10] which is preferred by default over the old Web folders client. This newer client works as a system service at the network-redirector level (immediately above the file-system), allowing WebDAV shares to be assigned to a drive letter and used by any software. The redirector also allows WebDAV shares to be addressed via UNC paths (e.g. http://host/path/ is converted to \host\path) for compatibility with Windows filesystem APIs. Some versions of the redirector are reported to have some limitations in authentication support. [11] In addition, WebDAV over HTTPS works only if a computer has KB892211-version files or newer installed. Otherwise Windows displays “The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another” when adding a network resource. NOTE: 892211 has been superseded by KB907306. Windows Vista includes only the WebDAV redirector, but if you install a version of Office, Internet Explorer, OLE-DB or “Microsoft Update for Web Folders” you will get the original “Web folders” client. The update will only work on the 32-bit version of XP/Vista. [12] Microsoft states that 64 bit versions of Windows will never support the “Web folders” client. Instead users are limited to using WebDAV via the native Web Client service redirector. [13]