I recently activated safe points on my WD cloud. However, two important remarks came to picture:
- The disk (4 TB WD mycloud) bacame too noisy as if it is always scanning its content. Accessing the dashboard became extremely slow, the pie chart on the dashboard disappeared, and the media file categories kept showing a “scanning” status.
- When I checked the created safe point, the dashboard used to take ages searching for it. After few days, it became unable to locate it and is now reporting no safe points! This is so, while I can browse to the safe point folder on the HD where it is located.
Few pieces of info apply here:
- The HD where the safe point resides is an external USB HD
- The volume of the safe point data is about 1.3 TB
- My data contain a lot of media (pics and videos) scattered in many folders
- I activated daily safe point update
Because of the continuous operation of the cloud HD, I practically lost its function (became very slow). What I could do with a lot of patience is to access the settings, and switch off the media serving and iTunes serving, only then I could regain communication with the cloud disk.
Any idea what happened,
and how can I safely get the mycloud identify the existing safe point,
and how can I safely switch the media and iTune serving back on?