Safepoint is TOO slowwww - options?

I moved some of my files around and changed some folder names on MyCloud.  The result is the entire 1.5TB was considered new data.  I Started the Update of the safepoint at around 9:30 PM on Sunday.

Forty hours later it is only at 980GB of 1.5TB.  This can’t be right!  Both devices are USB 3.0 with a proper cable. (WD MyCloud to WD MyBook)

Do I have any options that don’t involve a PC to manage the backup?  Maybe some other software or bat file that will run on the cloud that doesn’t take so long?

Twenty minutes later I check back and the Safepoint is still working on the same 3GB file.

Should I abort or let it churn some more?

This MyCloud is the most frustrating piece of equipment I’ve ever had (keep in mind I had a  Windows ME machine).

I’m just about ready to throw in the towel and return this thing.  Glad I bought it local instead of online.

Some advanced Users have added RSync functionality via SSH. This would allow for the unit to handle the process internally without a PC host.

Trancer wrote:

Some advanced Users have added RSync functionality via SSH. This would allow for the unit to handle the process internally without a PC host.

Safepoint is a process that runs entirely on the Linux machine in the My Cloud. It does not require a PC host. It sends the data to whatever target you specify when the Safepioint was set up (which could be shared folder on a Windows PC, another My CLoud or an exrternal USB drive connected to the rear USB 3.0 port).

I have been experimenting with backup schemes, including using rsync and cp commands under Linux on the My Cloud, and shared my experience in another post: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Exploring-Best-Options-My-Cloud-Backup-to-External-USB3-0-Drive/td-p/848928