Restore from WD Backup

I have a median machine that uses one drive for OS, and two others for Media (Main and Backup). The Media Main just failed. I used WD Backup (v1.9 ~2018) but deleted the “backup plan” as I didn’t want it to attempt backup and fail as I removed the failed Main drive. The data exists still on the Backup drive. I’m confused about a couple things:

Restore
-Prior to deleting the “backup plan”, I noticed that the backup failed on some files. I’m also pretty sure that those files were corrupt (I tried to open them prior to physically removing the drive). I don’t know if WD Backup leaves the last, successfully backed-up file or not.
Does leaves the last, successfully backed-up file?
Is anyone aware of a way to compare drives to see if which has “good” files?
Do I just navigate to the folder on the Backup drive and copy/paste?

New Backup System/Process
Once I hopefully restore all good files to my Main drive, should I use Windows 10 File History in lieu of WD Backup (I called technical support, got a person that spoke and worked fast, who told me to use that)?

Do I reformat the backup drive (deleting possibly good files) and use new software to image the new Main?

Thank you for your help

Hi @lexkinter,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask