Remove Disk from Enclosure?

I have a 2TB G-Drive, GD4 2000. After 2 (two) moves and sitting in storage for an extended period of time, the disk had a hard time mounting. I erased the drive before using it for Time Machine, which then failed due to a disk problem. I tried running Disk Utility’s Repair option, but that also failed. At this point, I think that the disk is bad.

Is there a way in which to remove the drive from the case? We removed 5 (five) screws from the bottom. It looks as if the case should just slide out, but it won’t budge. Is there a trick to opening the case?

Thanks

There are 6 screws, one of them is under the warranty sticker.

@Rydia,

Thanks, that was a big help :-).

Now the question is whether there is some kind of replacement drive that would fit in this case? The existing disk is an Hitachi 2TB P/N 0F12115. I think that newer drives are smaller now? Is there a drive that would work with my older Firewire 800 capable enclosure?

Pretty much any drive can work in that enclosure. The form factor is 3.5" and all drives still fall under that same form factor. There are 2 major ones. 2.5" for portable drives and 3.5" for desktop drives which this is.

The largest capacity we ever put into those enclosures at the time was 4TB Hitachi drives so it hasn’t been tested above that.