Recovering a password

I have a MyCloud unit bought several years ago. I never really got on with it and only got part way through getting it set up. I think I transferred a few hundred photos to it but was never understood how to access it to confirm what was there, and gave up with it!
I now want to have another go but am stuck as when I try and access the drive from my laptop (via an ethernet cable) it asks for a password. Presumably I set this but have no idea what I used.
Is there a generic password or a way around that. Or perhaps a reset proceedure so that I can start afresh?

Thanks dswv42, I willcheck out that link, but I don’t know what a My Cloud Mirror is. Mine is just called My Cloud and the P/N ends in 00. I presume its a Gen 1 device.

Sorry, I didn’t notice the different forum groups, it was just the first one that opened when I found this site. Anyway, thank you for your help. I followed the instructions and did a 4 second reset. It then rebooted without requiring a password and once I was into it I could then reset a new password which is exactly what I wanted to be able to do! And now I have access I can see that it has indeed loaded a lot of my photos. Now I just need to work out how to use it!
Many thanks!