My Cloud Invalid Username or Password

I can’t believe I have to ask this but here goes.

I have four 4tb My Cloud drives (TV SHOWS, OLD TV SHOWS, and Movies 1 & 2)connected to my home network (Windows) and they are all accessable from the PC’s via file explorer. Last night two of the drives (TV SHOWS and OLD TV SHOWS) were unable to connect via the WDTV player that we use to watch the content. I have 3 of the WDTV players boxes on the network and none of them can connect to the MY Cloud TV drives but can connect to Movies 1 & 2. I have lost count of how many times I have tried power off/on, 4 second reset, 40 second reset, factory reset of the WDTV etc to correct the problem.

The passwords I have tried are
anonymous no password
admin no password
view aaaa

I do not think that factory reset is necessary and I really do not want to restore that much data if I can avoid it. So what do you think I need to do to restore the connection?

Hi @Twist592,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Hi Twist592
Did you get a resolution to this
I have nearly the exact same setup and problem.
Mines worked fine for at least two years without issue and all the equipment has been bought by myself new and registered with WD etc.
I’ve tried opening a support case but it keeps on saying error, this cannot be done.
I’ve spent over an hour on the live chat with a very helpful person but unable to resolve - I’ve never set up a password or similar as it’s all on a home network with everything (except one WDTV box) hardwired
I’ve tried all the same ideas you have - that it’s happened at the same time to both of us can’t be a coincidence.
Cheers