[RAM Upgrade + Installation + Results] - DL4100 (Now maxed at 6GB of RAM)

You had better read what I wrote more carefully – this is NOT the graph I told you about! This is it below. Notice I have 5GB installed (1 GB previous, and 4 GB with added RAM card) You should see 6GB.

I did read what you wrote/typed and thought I performed the suggested action. Thank you for your replies; it answered my question.

You can also get to the same summary by clicking link at the top of the any of the graphs for Network, CPU and RAM.

Plex uses a lot of memory for transcoding. If you have multiple streams that need to be transcoded, you will need more ram. Sorry, just saw how old this message was. :frowning:

Hi, I just install the Hynix (HMT451S6BFR8A-PB Spec: 4GB 204Pin SODIMM PC3L-1280) but seems like device does not recognize the RAM upgrade. Dashboard still shows RAM as 2GB installed. The RAM is brand new, any idea or suggestions? Thanks

RAM must be installed carefully, so reset the card until you are sure it is correctly installed.so all contacts are touching.

Did you use the exact part number RAM that was in the the original post for the DL4100 or does the EX4100 require different RAM compared to the DL? Also, if there are two slots, do you happen to know if you can install two 4 Gig RAM sticks and just store the single 2 Gig stick for emergency spares?

… also the additional RAM that is installed is never wasted or left to idle. I believe Linux uses any remaining free RAM for disk data caching.

OK… I need some help. I have a DL4100 which has been working fairly well for a few years. I was getting lockups which, in another thread found out it could be my original 90W PS glitching, so I purchased a 120W PS and added as a second input and it seemed to respond more snappily.

So after reading this thread I decided to upgrade my RAM I purchased the hynix HMT451S6BFRA8A-PB as discussed above. Installation was simple as described. Powered up and I had NO LED front display. Logging in it showed 6GB RAM in the system, so it recognized that, but I could no longer connect with my PC. I rebooted, both the NAS and PC, changed ethernet port connected. tried turning LED on and off. No change. I took the cover off and checked that I did not dislodge any connectors, all looked fine.

I finally removed the additional RAM and now I my PC can access the hard drives, but I still do not have any display.

Any thoughts on what is going on?