Question about WD Blue SN550

I recently bought a SN550 500GB. I installed some games like Apex Legends and Genshin impact, but when I try to play, can’t pass through “Verifying Files” and the game will crash. After that I can’t access the drive anymore and will say the error in this 1st image.

The error is there until I do a restart. When I try to run the games again, the cycle continues.

I have downloaded the WD Dashboard, and it says that I already have the latest firmware. I’m running out of options guys, please help me. Any suggestions that can help me?

Hi, I’m having the same issue as you, I have a new WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD that has the same behaviour when i’m copying files and running aplications from it, anyone can help ??

I saw in another thread that this behavior was solved updating the firmware after the user send a ticket to tech support (but only worked on motherboards from Asus x99 and asrock), I have an Asus z270 Prime A and the firmware update doesnt worked for me.

Firmware update: 211210WD

if you have the same firmware version, maybe you shoud reply this with the model of your motherboard and hope they fix this for all of us in trouble

My motherboard is Asrock b450m Steel Legend, as of today, I haven’t found any solution. The drive still does this behavior and I’m starting to lose my mind…

I’m having this issue as well. I’m using this drive exclusively as a games drive. Game crashes and won’t re-open until i restart. Windows error spams event ID 51:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation.

Updating firmware did not help. I have initiated a RMA but worried it will do no good.

FYI: Motherboard is Gigabyte b550i. Updated firmware using dashboard. Had this installed on the back m2 slot. My boot drive is WD SN750 black. No issues at all with that drive.

Thanks for update and quick reply, I’ll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue.

AlaskasWorld PET

Has there been to solution to this yet? mine started acting up two days ago.

Same problem with mine. Seems to occur when the drive is under load - crashes in CoD and I have to reseat the drive to restart but when I run a lighter game like Beat Saber I have no problems.

I’m on a NP8153 laptop with 7700HQ and GTX 1070.

I’m booting off an older SATA SSD which has no problems thus far.

Firmware updated to 211210WD and still occurring.