Game crashing in wd sn550 nvme 1TB

hello, I bought western digital sn550 1TB nvme SSD. it’s my 1st nvme drive. I installed it on my pc and installed games from xbox game pass, steam and battle net but all the games are crashing continuously, and after crashing, SSD becomes unrecognizable and gives disk write error, but restarting the pc solves the error, and nvme start working like normal. SSD has been passed all the SSD benchmarks with no issue in writing or reading and stress testing. but whenever I start a game, suddenly or after ~20 minutes, crashing again. so I sent back the SSD and replaced it with a new WD sn550. but the same things are happened with this SSD too. my Games are not crashing on other drives I have. I don’t know what is the problem.
please do help.
my pc configuration :
intel core i7 8700k ( currently stock settings )
gigabyte Z370 Aorus gaming 5 ( F15b - latest bios )
MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X trio ( currently stock settings )
Corsair CS 750M PSU
G.Skill Triden Z 16gb RAM
WD Blue 250 GB M.2 SATA SSD ( windows drive )
WD sn550 1 TB nvme SSD
windows 10 pro build 19043 ( UEFI )

Hi @BatCave1,

Please refer to the following articles for accessing the Disk Management in Windows and Disk Utility on macOS:

Title: How to access Disk Management in Windows
Link: Access and Use Disk Management Tools on Windows

Title: How to access Disk Utility on macOS
Link: How to Access and Use the macOS Disk Utility

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue:

Title: Windows or macOS Cannot Find My Drive
Link: Cannot Find My WD Drive on Windows or macOS

Please test health of your drive using Western Digital Drive utility:

Title: Setting up and using WD Drive Utilities
Link: How to Install and Use WD Security and WD Drive Utilities Features

I had the same problem with game crashings in wd 550 when I installed it on my PC. I was hoping it would give me a lot of benefits, but all it did was disappoint me and give me headaches. First, it deleted all my data related to the video games I had. Then, it deleted a lot of important data I used for school. But most of all, I regretted the loss of my progress in FNAF, where I had all these cool MODs I took from [fridaynightfunkin.games](https://fridaynightfunkin.games/fnf-vs-huggy-wuggy/). I spent a lot of time recovering all that data because I cared about that game. I used to enjoy every moment of it, and I did not want to lose those memories.

Where you able to find any solution?? I think I have the same issue :frowning:

There can be various reasons why Games keeps crashing.

It might seem obvious, but people still omit to compare their system spec with a game’s minimum requirements. You wouldn’t buy diesel for a petrol-powered car, would you? So why buy a video game without checking that it will work?

When buying games online from Steam and similar services, you can check the system requirements by reading the game’s description. Buying from a video game store? On the back of a video game box you’ll find the minimum and recommended system requirements.

While [overclocking isn’t as popular as it was, many gamers still overclock their CPUs to gain performance benefits. When coupled with good ventilation and cooling, can reap great results, as can overclocking your GPU

However, it isn’t a perfect method of increasing performance. Games can still crash.

Troubleshooting an overclocked system means resetting your processor (and GPU, if appropriate) to default settings.
If you’re wondering why games keep crashing on your PC, you might have considered upgrading your hardware. But this is expensive. First, trying updating drivers instead.

Games can crash for reasons beyond (but not unrelated to) unsuitable hardware and operating systems.