Purchased/received WD Black 500 GB. (Old Version/Old hardware - Technology?

Hello.

I recently purchased several WD Black 1 TB Performance Drives. All of them were manufactured in late 2021 and have Performance Drive label on the drives.

My most recent purchase was WD Black Performance 500GB. What I received today was WD Black 500 GB manufactured in May 2020, no performance printed on the label, it is a WD Model WD 5003azexSp 00k3ca0 with firmware 01.01A01. No idea what SP stands for nor the firmware 01.01A01.

I would like to know if this drive is outdated as far as technology/hardware, or if it is a performance drive WD5003azex as I placed the order for and if it is a drive of the same quality/hardware as those manufactured today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Johan

Hi @Johanson334,

Please be rest assured, WD_BLACK 500 GB performance storage is designed to enhance your PC experience across heavier computing tasks whether you are a digital artist, video editor, photographer, or gamer. This drive is manufactured and shipped to the distributor/reseller on 30 Dec 2021.

Also, the drive is of the same quality/Structure as those manufactured in 2022.

Thank you Keerti for your information. You wrote: “This drive is manufactured and shipped to the distributor/reseller on 30 Dec 2021.” This is my concern here. The drive I purchased on Amazon was manufactured in May - 2020. it does not have the label as the others to on the drive “Performance” Drive.
Only WD Black - in scan - ( Disk Family - Caviar Black). Can I still consider this drive as same to those
manufactured and shipped to the distributor/reseller on 30 Dec 2021? Thank you.