Ps4 not recognizing my passport

Hi I have a 4TB red WD passport, That I have purchased in the beginning of the summer of 2018. At the beginning of January my playstation all of a sudden stopped recognizing by my passport and I don’t Know what to do. Plz help

I would recommend you to try different USB cable with your Playstation 4. You can also try to connect the drive with the computer to check whether the drive is getting detected on the computer or not.

If the issue is still persists, check the drive partition and file format status via Disk Management on windows PC or via Disk Utility on Mac PC.

I bought my son a 3TB My Passport last December and it just stopped being recognized last night. I hooked it up to my laptop and it showed up in Disk Management but said it needed to be initialized. I am guessing that is because the PS4 format is not recognized by Windows 10. It is still not being recognized on the PS4. We have tried shutting everything down and pulling the power cord and letting it sit overnight but it still doesn’t recognize the drives content.

Did you find a solution for this issue?

Any suggestions?