Passport Files

Hi, all. This is my first post here so my apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have a WD My Passport device. I’ve been using it as an external hard drive for my PS4. I purchased a new game only for my PS4 to tell me I don’t have enough space. Knowing that the passport device also had files from my old laptop, I took the passport out of my PS4 and plugged it into my current laptop to try and extract some of my old files from the passport and put them on my laptop. The device wasn’t being recognized by my laptop and even after watching a few videos and visiting a couple forums, I still couldn’t figure it out, so I (regretfully) took matters into my own hands. I was on the “disk management” screen on my laptop, right clicked on the passport, and selected “new simple volume” hoping that would work considering the other volumes shown on my screen were labelled as “simple.” Nothing really happened, so I brought my passport back to my PS4, hoping to delete a few old games, start the download on my new game, and call it a night. But when I plugged my passport back in, I noticed only a few kilobytes were being used and that many of the games in the system storage had “system storage-exclusive data” written below them. I tried opening one of those games, only for it to tell me that I needed to connect the extended storage device the game was installed on in order to play. A lot of those games were ones that I’ve logged a lot of hours into and still play frequently. Is there any way I can get those files back or are they gone forever?

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: My Passport (Works with PlayStation 4): User Guide and FAQ