PS3 Media Server

I’ve been using PS3 Media Server http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/ to stream movies to my PS3.

Recently I tried out the Beta version, and my WD Live Plus picked it up. Looks like they are able to stream to other devices now. I gave it a try and now all my movie files stream just fine with no stuttering or any issues.

Ever since I got the WD Live Plus for Christmas, I have not been able to get it working right since I updated it. Even attempts at downgrading to the original firmware didn’t help. So I kept updating the firmware to see if that corrects it. I tried the WD Livewire Powerline AV Network Kit even bought a new Linksys e4200 so I can put the wifi streaming on the 5 Ghz. None of that helped.Tried streaming just by accessing network shares, still wasn’t able to play my 1080p movies. So when I saw the PS3 Media Server popped up on my WD Live Plus menu, I tried it and have been streaming movies with no stuttering or issues since.

Just thought I let the rest of you know this, so you can try this free software before you start buying hardware and so on like I did.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, this can become an alternative for many users.

Glad to hear it worked out for you

question which PS3 software are you running?

Lawrence wrote:

Glad to hear it worked out for you

question which PS3 software are you running?

I use the latest one, I play games online so I need to be updated to connect to PSN.