Problems since firmware upgrade 2.40.155

Hi. My ex4100 had auto download on for firmware upgrades and on Aug 7,2020, picked up the new one and installed it. The box was off for Sat, Sun (Aug 8,9). Now today it was turned on and it is very very slow, refusing connections, not mapping shares, etc. When I am in the server the dashboard shows that the firmware upgrade was successful, but as I move from screen to screen(home, users, shares, apps, cloud access, backups, storage, settings), the settings shows the storage info, backups shows the storage info. Know what I mean? The info shown does not correspond properly. Is this a corruption problem? Did the firmware upgrade fail, even though it shows as successful? Please reply with any ideas or solutions.
Added Aug. 12
All above is still happening, but now when I go into settings/general, the Device Name, Description and Serial Number are blank. Is this box failing? It it a replacement unit because my old one failed. Is this one bad too?

It sounds more like dodgy network connectivity, than the box failing. It might even be a browser cache issue. Of course you could see the same behavior if the web server was resource starved–e.g., if the NAS CPU was maxed out.

Things I’d check:

1. Have you tried turning it off and back on again? (that’s always first)
  2. Can you ping it a few hundred times with no packet loss?
    If you are getting loss from the ex41, but not from other things on your network, then maybe it has a bad network cable?,
  3. Clear your browser cache?
  4. Is anything maxing Network/CPU/RAM (assuming it is working well enough to display it)

Nothing is maxing out, pinged straight for 2 minutes and no loss. The symptoms are the same with the exception being that there are now “periods of normalcy”. What I mean, is after a fresh boot(sometimes, not all the time), things will function normal for up to 45 minutes. Then we are back to server refusing connections, shares dropping, extremely slow/no response when I am in the console mode(dashboard). It almost seems like a problem with the NIC in the server. Do you know of any NIC diagnostics for the EX4100?

Please contact support and provide your My Cloud system logs

Yesterday I also found that along with the device name, S/N, and description disappearing, the IP address changed and was conflicting with another device on the network. I changed it back and reset the box. When it was back online, it was displaying the same issues as before. I went into the network settings and again it was different. This should not have changed because it was a static address so this added to my theory of NIC issues, or a failing box. I set the ip address again add shut the box down. I then went to my router, released the reserved address, reset the power to the router. I then re-entered the address into the reservation table. I powered on the EX4100 and checked the network info and it was ok. The missing fields were all back and correct. I am not sure what the solution was, but so far everything seems to be functioning fine.

Hi. I received my incident confirmation yesterday. I made some discoveries/changes and so far things are good. It has been about 20-30 hours running without a problem. I would like to wait for a bit to make sure everything is remedied, then I will close the ticket.

Everything is functioning normal. Shares are working, there is no lag in the server, connection are not being refused the blank server name/description/SN are back, the ip address is ok and the automated backup for the pc’s started and finished fine last night. It seems that the reserved ip address was the issue??? because once I released it from the router and re entered it in the reservation list, and confirmed the address on the server, everything seemed to be back to normal.