Problems since firmware upgrade 2.40.155

Hi. My ex4100 had auto download on for firmware upgrades and on Aug 7,2020, picked up the new one and installed it. The box was off for Sat, Sun (Aug 8,9). Now today it was turned on and it is very very slow, refusing connections, not mapping shares, etc. When I am in the server the dashboard shows that the firmware upgrade was successful, but as I move from screen to screen(home, users, shares, apps, cloud access, backups, storage, settings), the settings shows the storage info, backups shows the storage info. Know what I mean? The info shown does not correspond properly. Is this a corruption problem? Did the firmware upgrade fail, even though it shows as successful? Please reply with any ideas or solutions.
Added Aug. 12
All above is still happening, but now when I go into settings/general, the Device Name, Description and Serial Number are blank. Is this box failing? It it a replacement unit because my old one failed. Is this one bad too?

I hope someone from WD is paying attention to these complaints. Ever since the firmware update, I have been having similar problems. At least half of the time I can’t connect to the server’s Web interface, even though Windows Explorer shows the server. Other times Windows Explorer doesn’t show the server at all. A day ago I instructed the server to hibernate. It hung on “System is shutting down” for hours. Last night it did shut down. But now the server isn’t showing up in Explorer and isn’t accessible via the Web interface. Nor is it responding to a hard reset – it just hangs.

Invariably, I have to pull the power cord.

This is insane.

I never had these problems with my ancient Netgear ReadyNAS that my EX4100 replaced.