Problem with WD Media Player Gen-2

Hi Friends i am new to this community but using WD media player(gen-2) for quite a few months, i m facing few problems with it from starting,

1. when ever i play MP4 files in it, it played fine untill i forward or revind the video after that audio get out of  synchronisation and i have to restart the file to get the syncronisation back.

2.Some MKV files specially for dubbed hindi movies does not play on it and after that i was not able to play any other files as well and agian i have to restart the Media player to play other files

please help…

latest firmware is insatlled and upgraded

can anybody help

anilsehrawat wrote:

Hi Friends i am new to this community but using WD media player(gen-2) for quite a few months, i m facing few problems with it from starting,

1. when ever i play MP4 files in it, it played fine untill i forward or revind the video after that audio get out of  synchronisation and i have to restart the file to get the syncronisation back.

2.Some MKV files specially for dubbed hindi movies does not play on it and after that i was not able to play any other files as well and agian i have to restart the Media player to play other files

please help…

latest firmware is insatlled and upgraded

Unfortunately these are known problems with the gen 2 and will most likely never be resolved.You can make most MKV files play by disabling Header Compression while remuxing.Do a search for mkvmerge.

WD dropped support for the Gen 2 months after releasing it, their support is pitiful as they simply release new players before ensuing current ones work as advertised.

Buy a better player PBO, Oplay! or Boxee

hi

I am also facing the same problems with my Gen 2 player. But my friend has the Media player Live (the first one they launched) and the same files that do not play on my player work very well in the live media player. Is it possible to load the firmware used in the media player live onto the media player gen 2. And if so then how to do it.

regards

satvinder

satvinder wrote:Is it possible to load the firmware used in the media player live onto the media player gen 2. And if so then how to do it.

Nope.  Sorry.

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried to muxing the mkv files that were not playing on my WD Gen 2. Now they are playing but no sound. is there a setting I need to do correct that. I used mkvmerge GUI and turned the compression to none.

Any help would be appreciated

satvinder wrote:

I tried to muxing the mkv files that were not playing on my WD Gen 2. Now they are playing but no sound. is there a setting I need to do correct that. I used mkvmerge GUI and turned the compression to none.

Yes… you need to select “Compression - NONE” for all tracks, not just the video track.

If the video has compressed headers, the file won’t play at all… if the audio track(s) do, then there’ll be no audio.

Your best bet may be to download

and then run MKVFix to automatically scan your media and re-mux any files that need “fixing”.

I know MKVFix works fine with v4.3.0 of MKVMerge – it was written for it… I believe there may sometimes be issues if you try using it with newer versions of MKVToolnix (and it won’t work at all with earlier versions).

Hi i have a lot of problems

I have trouble seeing and hearing some videos in avi format and VMW.
I get a mesage saying it  Unable to play the selected file.  Please refer to the user manual for a list of supported file formats.

I saw the latest version of the firmware in the following  link:

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1004&lang=ls

But I have the following version :  1.01.79 

WD has in your site version 1.01.77

Please somebody can help me on this.

I have WD HD Media Player GEN-2

THANKS,

RBRUNO

RBruno wrote:

Hi i have a lot of problems

Yeah, including posting a new question in a thread already marked as solved.   :smileyvery-happy:

1.01.79 is for the latest HARDWARE revision to the WDTV HD Generation 2.   

It’s not downloadable, because no one should ever UPGRADE to it.

1.01.77 is for the PRIOR hardware revision of the WDTV HD Gen 2. 

The two are functionally identical.

Now.  As to the rest of your question, please post it in a NEW THREAD.

Thanks again for the reply.

I tried the way you said and the files work fine now. I also tried it on  a file with audio sync issue and it correctedthat too.

Thanks once again