Player not playing certain files

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I bought a WD player, not sure which model it is…bought about a year ago from PC world (was the latest model at that time). Recently I satrted using it a lot. Now I notice that it is not playing some of the files…like .mkv files. I am not good with electronics…any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sabu

hi

hmm… all of mine mkv are played

give us some more info of your device and soft [you can find it on screen of yout tv while navigating to settings/options]

what you use as a link to you tv set

not playing  “wd media player”  and/but  pc does ?

regards

pawson

Thanks for you reply.

Device: WD TV HD Media player

Firmware version: 1.01.79

I use HDMI cable to connect to TV

yaa…the file does play on PC

Thanks

Sabu

hi

firmware seems quite old

suggestion : update to new firmware here on wd page you can find the way    or    plug in your  media player to network having internet connect and the media player would “see” that there is new firmware and would upload it .

worth to mention is that the new firmware seems still not perfect but seems fixing lots of previous bugs - one of those historical may I say so might be related to your query

the other way round would be to dig-in specifications of your mkv file - which hope is not strange at all in its format/data.

pawson

Many Thanks mate…will try this and let you know

sabumbanzar wrote:

Thanks for you reply.

Device: WD TV HD Media player

Firmware version: 1.01.79

I use HDMI cable to connect to TV

yaa…the file does play on PC

Thanks

Sabu

That’s definately not the latest thing 1 year ago.   That’s the WDTV HD Gen2.

The WDTV HD Live and Live+ had started shipping by then.

I would bet your problem is MKV Header Removal Compression.   The old WDTV HDs don’t support that.

Try posting in the correct forum for more information, but basically you’ll have to REMUX the files using MKVMerge with the HEADER COMPRESSION option DISABLED for all tracks.