I have not use my WD my passport (4TB) for a while, just now tried to copy files to it, I have created a new folder on the external drive and then copied my outlook pst files to this new created folder. It shown on the disc with the new folder and also the copied files in the window explorer. I then turned off the laptop, unplug the WD external drive and then connected it to my desktop and turn it on. When using the window file explorer, it did not shown the newly created folder and file. I tried to reconnect it to the laptop and strange thing is the folder and file I created before disconnecting the disk also disappeared. Anyone has this experience and help me through? Thank you.
The Disc P/N WDBYFT0040BBK-DA
In order to troubleshoot your issue, please provide the following information:
- What Operating System are you using? Please include the version.
- Have you tried to plug the drive into a different USB port?
- Have you tried to connect the drive using a different USB cable?
- Have you tried to connect the drive to another computer?
- Have you done any other troubleshooting on the device?
- Do you see any error messages when you connect the drive to the computer?
- Is your drive visible in the Disk Management or Disk Utility?
Please refer to the following articles for accessing the Disk Management in Windows and Disk Utility on macOS:
Title: How to access Disk Management in Windows
Link: How to access Disk Management in Windows
Title: How to access Disk Utility on macOS
Link: How to access Disk Utility on macOS
Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue:
Title: Windows or macOS Cannot Find My Drive
Link: Windows or macOS Cannot Find My Drive
Please test health of your drive using Western Digital Drive utility:
Title: Setting up and using WD Drive Utilities
Link: Setting up and using WD Security and WD Drive Utilities
Hope it helps !!
Thanks for the information, its seems that window help to repair the disc. Its is normal now. Anyhow below are my answers to your question for future reference in case it happen again. Thank you.