New 4TB "My Passport" not recognized after downloading many important files!

Just bought a 4TB My Passport external drive. Plugged it into my Windows 10 computer and it showed up immediately. I then spent the next 2 days uploading all my important files from various drives…cut and paste…pictures, documents etc no problems…almost 3TB of files. Came back on day 3 and the drive does not show up any more!! I have tried plugging it into at least 4 other computers…no “My Passport” showing up. The white light is on but not doing anything. Helpppp!

Hi @gbart,

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue:

Title: Windows or macOS Cannot Find My Drive
Link: Cannot Find My WD Drive on Windows or macOS

Please test the health of your drive using the Western Digital Drive utility:

Title: Setting up and using WD Drive Utilities
Link: How to Install and Use WD Security and WD Drive Utilities Features

Thanks for the response. I have tried every option available. I have switched the USB cable with one from another device that works but still no luck. I have downloaded and run WD Discovery…nothing. I have used the WD Drive Utilities…nothing found. I have tested the unit on at least 4 different Windows10 computers…no drive appears on any of them. I spoke with 'Geek Squad" support and he had me try all the same things and concluded that it might be the USB port on the actual My Passport that is faulty…suggested that if I contact the WD support, they might be able to take the drive out of my 1 week old device (which hopefully is okay) and put it in a new device with a working USB so that I don’t lose my 2.5TB of precious data…pictures, files, etc. I couldn’t even reformat the drive if the files were not so important because the drive does not appear at all anywhere.