WD Passport is not showing the files it contains

Can anyone help?
I bought a WD 4TB passport external drive

I had an issue with a pc I think caused by a power cut. The machine just kept booting round and round into blue screen. I tried every conceivable option and eventually had to reinstall windows. Before doing that, the option was there in the emergency blue screen to back up the entire pc and restore it later so I took that option with the WD passport plugged in. It recognised it and backed up to it taking all night. Obviously i could not install the backup software before i did it as it was blue screening.

Now I am unable to see the files. I have installed the Discovery software but when i click on the WD drive it just shows shows the software for windows and for mac. (see files) but when i look at the properties in explorer it shows almost 1TB used (which is correct) but if I try to restore the files with either WD backup software or Windows Backup software it obviously does not see any restore point as it was done manually from a blue screen and since then a new copy of windows is installed.

The files are definitely there so how can I get them?

Apreciate any assistance.