PR4100 ram upgrade

Hi all iv just brought 2x so-dim ddr3L 1600 4gb and installed them. Now the system hangs on boot and flash’s the power button. If I only install the lower one it’s fine, iv tested both sticks in the lower slot and both work but not in the top and if I place both of the original sticks back in its fine.
Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Im having the same problem, I installe it today… and all they can tell me it takes 3 -7 days for it to re sync itself…which dosent make any sense. WD haven’t been much help.

Im thinking it might not be able to upgrade to 16gb of ram. i bought 2 x8 gb.

I tested every ram size, it wont go past 8GB. The only slot the 8GB works is on the 2nd slot (slot where the ram is backwards). I know of 3 people, plus myself and you that are having the same issue. So its not just a 1 person problem it’s a manufacturer issue or false advertisement that it can be upgrade to 16GB…

You must install the same RAM module to avoid any problem.
Also buy the right models of RAM
See my screenshot 16GB well installed

Example my 16GB and CRUCIAL and on their site it confirms compatibility with the PR4100.
Of course to be optimal 2x8GB of crucial and everything and ok
Capture

I think I found my problem Amazon has sent two different ram sticks one is Crucial CT51264BF160B and the other is Crucial CT51264BF160BJ. The J variant is single channel, so iv sent it back for exchange. Each stick works in the bottom on their own but not together as they are different.

will this work as an upgrade for the memory for the PR4100?

I ordered a matched pair of Hymix HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB as specified as supported on
My Cloud: Upgrading the Memory.
I have the same problem.
When installed, the machine gets no further than startup - it won’t boot…
Going back to the pair of 2Mb Innodisk SO-DIMM - the device works fine.
WHY???