Power cord voltage of WD My Book & My Book Essential

Hi there,
I mistakenly threw away the 2 power cords (DCIN) for my portable hard drives. I still have the USB connectors, but they don’t work without a power source.
I bought a multi-voltage switchmode AC adaptor from Jaycar, however I don’t know which voltage to use. I have attached 2 pictures showing the information of the hard drives (they are around 10 years old).
I am in Australia (not sure whether that is a significant fact - an IT numpty here!).
Can anyone advise me? Thank you.
Rachelle.

1 Like

Hi @chel,

Please contact the respective WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

1 Like

Thank you for your help, I will try that line of investigation.

I’m 99% it is a 12v 1.5A - 2A. I have same issue. I was extremely disappointed & surprised when I could not locate the power voltage & amps on the device, not on the box, nor the manual, nor anywhere easily online.

I tried finding videos on YouTube, etc. with the HD (esp., ‘Unboxing Vids’) & paused to read the power plug that came with the original item. Even the power plug company name will give a clue to which power plug is a match, if you still have it mixed in somewhere. I also searched eBay, etc. to find a replacement power pack, which also indicated the specs overview for the device you are looking to satisfy.

§Œ;¬Jamaeis #WDUserRewards

Hello to friends

Bus-powered 18W (12V @ 1.5A) External Power Adapter

I am sure of the above information. Because I have one of these hard drives. be successful and victorious.

Centre pin positive.

some times helps to know the center pin dia and the width of the plug metal part

Amazon has kits of different plug for universal 12 volt power supplies

even if a Amazon replacement power supply that say they will fit some time do not work well as the center middle pin is a bit small

I had to order some for MyBooks and WD NAS units in the past

Where is Radio Shack when we need them

Thank you for your assistance. I’ll explore that avenue of inquiry and see where it leads. :pray:

Thanks for your help. I’ll delve into that line of questioning and see what results it yields. :+1: