Plex constantly disconnecting

Hi.
So I got MyCloudHome… I got it especially for Plex. All is fine and well and works for about half a day after which it stops working and I have to re-add all my files to plex AGAIN. trying to press Configure in the WD dashboard gives me 305 service unavailable error… I am so pissed off. Does anyone have any help or insight on this? It’s getting ridiculous now and I have looked online and can’t find a solution. I’d try to docker Jellyfin on WD but I have no idea how to and no definitive guide on how to do so. Plex is rubbish but it’s the only easy solution it seems :frowning:

Please help. Desperate.

@SasKwadge

Use the link below and search for, How to use Plex on a My Cloud Home.

Support | Western Digital

Anybody who knows anything about Plex would not buy a My Cloud Home (MCH) especially for Plex. Plex media server (PMS) runs on the MCH but is poorly supported on the MCH by either WD or Plex and you should return the MCH while you can if Plex is all you do.

No Plex is generally the best policy on the MCH

and most home users will do fine if they just turn on the DLNA feature in Plex and don’t use any other features on Plex, not their apps and not their ads. Most smart TVs will then be able to access media on the MCH with their simple DLNA server interface.

If you know anything about the MCH, you would know that docker is not supported, third party apps are generally not supported and user containers are not supported.

1 Like

I read on the forum of jellyfin that there is a way around it but not tech savvy in that area.

It’s working, but yes quite poorly. It was the only easy alternative I could find. I’m pretty broke and didn’t have hundreds for a pc and NAS, unfortunately. My buddy had this my cloud home that I managed to buy off him for a price and I’m generally ok with it. Just that Plex is not my favourite.

All I want to do is watch my content on my TV’s around the house, really.

Keep reading.

This has already been answered above, turn on the DLNA in Plex and don’t use any other parts of Plex that may crash the Plex media server (PMS). You just do this once and leave it alone. If your PMS has already crashed and became inaccessible, you will have to delete (disable) Plex completely and then try to enable it again with a new account.

More from this link: