Please help me access pictures of my Brother in Law who passed away

Years ago we purchased a WD My Book World Edition 1 TB drive. My wife loves taking pictures and we needed a backup and this was a great fit. Times and technology changed and we started using the cloud as it was faster and could be accessed on the road. Her brother passed away last month and there are pictures of him on the drive I would love to get for her.

I currently have the drive plugged directly into my mac with a network cable. When I select connect to server and try and connect as a registered user it results in an error message “The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem.”

I also tried to access the settings by using http://mybookworld but it can not be found. Is this because I am trying this locally as opposed to plugging my drive into our router?

Your help would be so very appreciated.

It’s probably more to do with Apple disabling the authentication mechanism that the NAS uses (called DHCAST128)

Would love to help, but i’m a PC Windows user.

But maybe the info in the thread link above will give you something to research on ?