Os5 usb backup performance seriously degraded

Since upgrading to OS5 and finally now able to schedule USB backups (using copy), it has become painfully apparent that the performance for this operation has doubled (2X) or tripled (3X) in time to complete.

Is anyone else having such an issue?

I also noticed that when I mounted the USB drive that contained an old copy of this backup, it took a very long time (25+ minutes) to define the drive size as 1TB in the shares window. Windows only took 12 minutes. ???

@videoflyer Thanks for reporting the issue with My Cloud OS 5.
Questions:

1. What model of My Cloud?
  2. What is the firmware version of OS 5?
  3. What is the make, model, capacity and format of the USB drive?
  4. Did you disable “Mobile & Web Cloud Access” at the USB drive share so that it’s not being indexed?
  5. What USB port are you using? Front or Rear? (depending on model)
  6. Have you opened a support case and provided the system logs? If yes, what’s your case number?

SBrown - sorry to not respond ASAP as I did not receive a response email and just uncovered a new issue and logged on to post it.

What model of My Cloud?
PR4100 - 4 bay

What is the firmware version of OS 5?
OS5 - 5.08.115 : USB Backup software - 1.12

What is the make, model, capacity and format of the USB drive?
WD MyPassport - WDBPKJ0050BBK-0A - 5TB - NTFS

Did you disable “Mobile & Web Cloud Access” at the USB drive share so that it’s not being indexed?
I have Cloud Access disabled as the USB Drives as they are only for backing the system up. So I am guessing they are not being indexed based on your question.

What USB port are you using? Front or Rear? (depending on model)
I am using Port 1 on the rear of the unit

Have you opened a support case and provided the system logs? If yes, what’s your case number?
Have not yet as I wanted to see if this was unique or more common.