hello yesterday i upgrade my PR4100 since OS3 To OS5
i can accès in http://IPPR4100.Lan and with the new app mobile
but …
impossible to accès from the LAN network
ip pc on the same range Lan IP
i can ping the ip
all param seems ok
all network connector are OUT in all pc LAN network

is it possible to reinstall the upgrade package ?
if yes can i have the link To download it.
if not can i do "restaure système " to solve this BIG problem
Thank you for your help

Hello,

When you say “impossible to accès from the LAN network”, that’s to access to files shares ?

not only shared folder,
i cant connect \IP.LAN
i have not the popup to enter login/pass

I am seriously considering changing my NAS brand,
this is not the first time that we have had difficulty updating

1 Like

I have the same issue yesterday,

I change in manage network the samba parameters to smb1, sm2, smb3 and it’s works for me.

Else, this topic can help you

Hello ichinakama ,
I made a request to the technical service but I still have no answer at this time
I took your advice
I also modified SMB to SMB1, SMB2, SMB3
and I finally i can connect from the LAN to the PR4100
I’m extremely grateful :))
Thank you again for your help
have a good day
Cheer
Michael

Hello ichinakama ,

the Pr4100 indexes all the folders / files, it’s very long (~ 8h) and not finished yet
all the data is not accessible from mobile phones until indexing is complete.

Hello,

Yes that’s very long, i have 12 TB to indexing that’s just finish, 24 hours to indexing.

yes 500Go/Hour for indexation , not realy fast
i think Qnap or Synology have better performance ?

always on “Indexing” for 4To => 28hours actually not finished yet
I think the indexing time is directly linked to the number of files to be indexed and for the same number of TB if the number of files is higher, the indexing will be longer.
It’s a bit like when you make a backup, the more files there are for a quantity of TB, more longer the backup takes …

always on “Indexing” for 4To => now since 10 days

I just looked, there is an alarm
a problem “fan” speed not normal
it is certainly due to the fact that he has been indexing for ~10 days the HDD working …

I restart the PR4100
fan is running
fan drops
fan speed 510rpm on the front display PR4100
Now fan speed 540rpm and always in indexing
CPU 25% and RAM 92%

How to stop this indexing without stop the CloudAccess !

can i use WDMyCloudEX4100_5.05.111_prod.bin ?
https://community.wd.com/t/my-cloud-os-5-firmware-release-note-v5-05-111/258578

@michelv the firmware for PR4100 is https://downloads.wdc.com/nas/WDMyCloudPR4100_5.05.111_prod.bin

upgrade to V5.05.111
disconnect plug RJ45 from PR4100
reboot the router/box
connect plug RJ45 to PR4100
change NT LAN Manager from NTLM2 to NTLM1 + NTLM2
Protocole SMB on SMB 1, SMB 2, SMB 3

hello,
just upgrade to Firmware Release v5.06.115
https://community.wd.com/t/my-cloud-os-5-firmware-release-note-v5-06-115/259203

all is ok
just indexing is always in use .

I absolutely will not purchase WD products in the future. OS5 has been a complete :poop:show. Terrible rollout, zero beta testing and just poor engineering. I’ll probably pay more in the future, but it will be worth to not have to deal with such an inferior company.

There was a beta which I was on and I want to give briefly my impression hopefully without breaking any NDA. The issues with indexing disks waking up etc were reported and discussed and to a degree addressed. And the frontline support was very professional and helpful.
But I had the impression, which I can’t prove:

• The beta was aimed at testing functionality and because disks constantly waking up, indexing, etc, didn’t break the functionality spec, the issues could be ignored
  • The project was already behind timetable and there was from somewhere pressure to hit a deadline.
    At the end of the beta, I gave clear feedback that in my opinion the product wasn’t ready for release. I didn’t mean this badly but as honest feedback and advice.

In my opinion from watching this board, which soon I need to stop doing!!!, there are 3 categories of users:

• People who use the device as a local NAS and have been pretty much undisturbed by OS5
  • People who have been disturbed by the SMB etc hardening, these things have mostly been fixed and in my opinion are understandable and normal
  • People who have been hit by the OS5 MyCloud changes and / or the excessive local disk activity. This was the avoidable error in my opinion.
2 Likes

Possible I will test the installation of NextCloud just Nextcloud Server does not support Microsoft Windows. using a virtual machine or docker image on Windows Server Demo Instant Trial