No sound .mkv movies

By rsix6

Re: no sound .mkv movies[ Edited ]

01-02-2011 06:56 AM - last edited on 01-02-2011 10:03 AM

elements play is a wonderful machine…now to play .mkv you need AC3 and NOT DTS…so check what are your DTS movies and make them AC3 with this majestic program…very very easy to use, just read the tutorial a litle bit IF you dont understand the program itself…thanks all and i wish you a happy 2011.

http://audioconverter.heartware.dk/Tutorial/    (in the url is also the program for DOWNLOAD)

Thanks a lot, I just downloaded the audio convertor and installed it and converted Piranha.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-METiS ti AC3 instead of DTS and finally I could watch MKV with sound on my LCD

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Hello GeorgeAttia,

You have provided a wounderful steps to get solve the DTS audio codes of mkv file. I was breaking my mind to do for that, Thanks a lot…

-Vivek

I’m tired of waiting for the new update, that can read DTS sound of movies in MKV. Start getting extremely unhappy with WD, since there are many brands that read this files.

hey

i bought me the western digital play 2TB, at amazon,

they was standing DTS = Yes!

so now im sitting here and cant play my *.mkv´s cause this dont get fixt
?

i could throw it away

Or you could return it to Amazon and tell them they have incorrect information on their website…

XheroX wrote:

I’m tired of waiting for the new update, that can read DTS sound of movies in MKV. Start getting extremely unhappy with WD, since there are many brands that read this files.

And yet you’ve been told that the device is not licenced to decode DTS and never will be.  You can wait all you want, but you’ve been told numerous times that it will never happen.

When you bought it you didn’t pay any money to DTS to be able to decode DTS files – therefore you can’t.  Period.  The devices that can decode DTS have paid licence fees – when those devices are purchased, you’re giving DTS some money for the privilege of being able to decode DTS.

DTS support can never be added to a product that doesn’t have a DTS licence.

But the bigger question is, why is this such an issue for you?  A DVD is required to have other tracks – the DTS track is an optional extra.  If you’re ripping your own discs, why not just rip the AC3 5.1 track instead of the DTS track?

Or, if you’re illegally downloading files, why not just steal the AC3 version of the movie instead of the DTS version?  If you know you can’t play DTS files, then why steal a movie in DTS format when you can steal it in AC3?

1 Like

I´m one of them “lucky” guys who is a owner of the WD elements player :frowning:

Now i´m about to buy me a AC receiver which support DTS sound and  optical audio.

Anyone knows if this a solution that works?

Yes it works, I’m using it in such a way.

I can the WD play passes through the DTS to the optical lead and too my amp.

Happy again.