No sound .mkv movies

Dhevil wrote:

Yeah well, I´ve done that. And there´s still no sound.

I´m going crazy. Every single movie with good quality is without sound! Cuz´it seems like they all are .mkv .

Well, then the problem is not related to Header Removal Compression.

Why my friend on WD Live plays MKVs with DTS audio and I with my WD Elements 1TB don’t play DTS and dont’ hear audio??? I have new firmware…

Really I have to compress DTS to AC3 all the movies? 

This is annoying and I am give them back this product, if this true

My WD Elements play don’t read italian audio track (DTS) in a file .mkv , but the english trak in the same file it’s read. in the other sistem in my posses (WD TV Live) the same file i can to read it the italian track (DTS) and also the english track. it’s possible there is a problem whit a firmaware version? (i have installed the last firmware version for WD Elements play).

No, the EP doesn’t support DTS, that’s the problem.

WD TV Live supports and Elements Play no??? F***!!!

That’s correct…  The Live was licensed by DTS to support it.   The EP was not.  Documentation says as much, so it should not be a surprise…

i bought my wd elements play today, but i forget to see the audio compability… it’s really truth? there’s no way to put  dts playing on my WD?

carvalho2707 wrote:

i bought my wd elements play today, but i forget to see the audio compability… it’s really truth? there’s no way to put  dts playing on my WD?

i did the same thing…who would have thought the promote the mkv file and exclude the standard sound codec…

your only option is to convert DTS to AC3…very annoying but true

Are you sure it doesn’t play DTS? Because I have the player connected to my home cinema (Onkyo) with an optical cable and the Onkyo regognized DTS. I think that the Onkyo gets the data from the WD Elements Play and decodes it.

OK from what I found out is that DTS is indeed unsupported, at least surround. But it appears to work for now through HDMI. My player is connected through HDMI to my Receiver who is connected with HDMI out to my TV.

This could end at any time with the a new firmware update.

This is for me a huge bummer.  I have bought this piece of ■■■■ in a rush and I regret it from minute 1 :slight_smile:

I should have bought a Mediaplayer with at least a LAN connection, DTS support. Also the remote feels like a toy, it weights nothing.

No I have to admit, I am ashamed of myself that I bought this :s

Oh well that’s life, I learned something !

i have wdc elements play 1TB. NO DTS licence means never support DTS. is this true…

or wdc can update firmware and end this mess…

what a kick in the nuts this is!

There must be some alternative firmware I can put on the Elements Play which enables DTS ?

OR

Buy an amplifier and run audio via optical cable ? Its just that I would rather have bought a better media player than have to buy a home cinema system to play the audio.

My Samsung tv has optical audio input. Is it worth trying an optical cable from WD Elements to tv ? will that carry the audio ?

It’s worth a try; audio optical cables aren’t that expensive, and if it doesn’t work, just return the cable.

For those that want to go down the amplifier route, I have researched the current best entry price amp and speakers setup and there is a BUSH 100W system on sale at Argos. Its £69.99.As far as I can tell, this model supports DTS.

It comes with a DVD player that will probably go to a charity shop as I have no use for one.

Argos, better than half price offer

elements play is a wonderful machine…now to play .mkv you need AC3 and NOT DTS…so check what are your DTS movies and make them AC3 with this majestic program…very very easy to use, just read the tutorial a litle bit IF you dont understand the program itself…thanks all and i wish you a happy 2011.

http://audioconverter.heartware.dk/Tutorial/    (in the url is also the program for DOWNLOAD)

stibbix wrote:

For those that want to go down the amplifier route, I have researched the current best entry price amp and speakers setup and there is a BUSH 100W system on sale at Argos. Its £69.99.As far as I can tell, this model supports DTS.

It comes with a DVD player that will probably go to a charity shop as I have no use for one.

Argos, better than half price offer

pls advise if this route is successful…tq

I know this has been posted before, on a different thread, But i have converted a lot of my DTS to AC3 with this EASY to use program and it has not failed me yet!. and it’s FREE.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/311950-MKV2AC3-development-thread

Like everyone else great player, but lack of DTS is a right pain, Ohh and lip sync when pauseing, and no thumbnails, Firmware failure…ect 

Happy New Year everyone except WD support staff

:slight_smile:

Unlikely to ever get DTS support on this one - I got this from the support team…

We have the WD TV Live Hub Media Center. this is the only product at the moment having DTS support.
As for an software/firmware for the Elements Play. The DTS support is not as easy to resolve with such an update. This will require some extra hardware installed on the device to make this possible. If the Elememnts Play shall ever support this options is still to be seen. As a new model would be needed to add DTS to the support capabilities of the Media Player.

I dont want to convert (and therefore lose) the DTS from my MKV files.  Does anyone know if its possible to copy the DTS and then convert it to AC3 or another supported audio codec and add it to the MKV so you have 2 audio tracks?

They lied to you… The WDTV HD Gen2, WDTV Live, live Plus, and Hub all support DTS.

I tried several dts movies and it seems the pass through does work. I have an optical cable connected to AV receiver and it detects dts without problem. There is no sound on tv via hdmi but who cares.